Photogenic

We have been given an opportunity to apply to live in some really nice townhomes with a back yard and a garage. Part of the application process is to write a letter describing our family and they suggest including a family photo.

I wrote the following letter...

To Whom It May Concern:

Our family would love to be a part of the Sunset Ridge Village neighborhood for several reasons, but the one that is at the top of our list is its central location to work, family, and schools. By moving to Sunset Ridge Village we will be able to afford a pre-school for our four-year-old daughter.

Micah is finishing up his Bachelors in Hotel, Resort & Hospitality Management at SUU with a Marketing minor. He has worked full-time as the Front Desk Manager at the Stratford Court Hotel for over two years. He enjoys meeting people from all over the world and helping them enjoy all the fun events that Cedar City has to offer. He is a devoted father and husband. He is always going out of his way to do special things to make his wife and children have a better day.

Kara is working on a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with a minor in Reading. She loves working with young children helping them to master skills that will help them to become great readers and develop a love for the written word. She loves being a mom and spends all the time she can playing with her two adorable children. She loves to cook when Micah is home to do the dishes.

Marissa is four-years-old and wants to be a princess or a doctor or both when she grows up. She loves being a big girl and the rewards that come from picking- up her toys. She is a great big sister and is always willing to remind her younger brother of the rules.

Andrew is two-years-old. He loves his bear, dinosaurs, and cars. He likes to play with Marissa, but sometimes she can be too bossy. He makes sure everybody knows that he loves them before they leave our home by giving them loves and kisses and wishing them well.

We look forward to being a part of what seems to be a great neighborhood.

Sincerely,

The Nays
Micah, Kara, Marissa, and Andrew

Then I started looking through our family pictures that we took over the summer for a recent family photo to include. I decided I could use one of three pictures that was taken of the whole Blaine Nay family at the family reunion and just crop it to only show our family.

I opened the three pictures with paint to work on cropping them and this is what I found...

Kara's Thoughts: Blurry, but we are all looking toward the camera. We're smiling...WHAT IS ANDREW DOING?!? Okay that's out...next

Kara's Thoughts: Woo Hoo! It's not blurry. Still looking at the camera....AHHH!! ANDREW!!!

Kara's Thoughts: ANDREW!! I give up! Hi Sunset Ridge Village meet the Nays! Micah and Kara are trying to keep everything together as their kids express themselves in very differnt ways. Marissa can't help but strike a pose when there are cameras around. And Andrew's new hobby is PICKING HIS NOSE!

Comments

Chris and Elisa said…
LOL that is the best! I needed that this morning. It made my day. Thank you!
Suzanna said…
Aren't two-year-olds sweet? I'm sure they're looking for a little variety and excitement in their community! :) I think you've written a great letter... good luck with the whole thing!

Popular posts from this blog